Friday, December 6, 2013

Vance Kelly - Digital Illustrator, Printmaker and Art Director

File under: New artist on the scene

I met Vance Kelly online this year when I saw one of his concert posters advertising The Cult's upcoming performance at the New Orleans House of Blues. I've been a huge fan of the band for many years and was so impressed with his work I wanted to see if I could purchase one of the posters which would typically not be for sale to the general public. Vance replied to my email quickly and was flattered that I wanted to purchase one. Since that time we have communicated on a number of different occasions and he has been very generous sharing his knowledge and experience working in such a competitive field. I feel very fortunate to have made such a good contact in the industry.

Vance is considered one of the hot, new in demand illustrators particularly for working and touring bands. He specializes in taking his hand drawn illustrations and scanning them into Photoshop and/or Illustrator to create the finished pieces which are extremely dark and vibrant simultaneously giving his work a very recognizable feel.

Vance's work can be seen at his website www.vancekelly.com or his blog Vance Kelly Art.

 
The Cult Tour poster for their House of Blues / New Orleans date.


Well known band Soundgarden Tour poster for their concert at the Louisville Palace Theater

Concert poster for American band Unida and their 2013 Australia & New Zealand tour


Tour poster for American band The Deftones and their 2013 Australia tour 

No comments:

Post a Comment